Utilities inspection and vegetation management
The Utilities sector, spanning the production, transmission and sale of electricity, natural gas, oil and hydropower, is a highly regulated industry with many statutory obligations. From safety improvement, siting and abandonment of facilities, mandatory reliability standards through to environmental matters, there is a continual need for the survey, mapping and assessment of assets and corridors including transmission lines, gas and oil pipelines, water conveyance infrastructure and water pipelines.
The power of the Routescene UAV LiDAR system is the ability to:
- quickly survey sections of powerlines and pipelines where there are gaps in existing LiDAR data
- survey sites and sections which cannot be scanned with airborne LiDAR methods
- survey sites and sections which are difficult to access or hazardous due to steep slopes, natural hazards or dense vegetation
- detect assets which are obstructed by vegetation
|Application||Specific benefits of UAV LiDAR in the Utilities sector|
|Powerline or oil and gas pipeline inspection|
Mapping to inform vegetation management to prevent safety, environmental, legal, erosion, economic and productivity issues
NEW LidarViewer Bare Earth tool
Easy and quick production of Digital Surface Models (DSM) and Digital Terrain Models (DTM) for Utilities planning and management.
Customer success story
- Powerline inspection at Silver Star Mountain, Canada. Click here