POSITION: BOOK KEEPER
15 hours per week, part-time, permanent position.
Will consider either part-time employment or freelance contract.
Salary range: £23 – 25,000 pro rata, depending on experience (or equivalent contract fees per hour)
Summary of the role
We are seeking an experienced book keeper to take ownership for the overall day to day financial operational management of Mapix technologies Ltd, Trackplot Ltd and Routescene Inc. Reporting directly to the Company Directors, and liaising with the Company Accountant, this role is critical for the financial smooth running of these businesses as they grow.
The candidate should have at least 5 years experience in a similar position and should be able to work accurately with no direct book-keeping supervision. We are looking for an organised, process driven individual who can operate across three businesses.
|About the businesses|
|Mapix technologies Ltd||Mapix technologies Ltd is a geospatial engineering company, established 1996, which operates internationally. Mapix is the distributor for a number of third party LiDAR products and includes the Routescene brand, a world leading 3D mapping system using LiDAR technology designed specifically for use on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
|Trackplot Ltd||Trackplot is a lone worker monitoring solution developed to enable people who work alone to keep in touch wherever they are. Established in 2009, Trackplot is a proven system with an online interactive platform which integrates with GPS devices, mobile phone and satellite communication technology.
|Routescene Inc||Incorporated in 2017 to promote the Routescene brand and trade specifically in North America.
Attributes and skills required of the successful candidate:
- Experienced book keeper who is reliable and methodical
- AAT, IAB or ICB certificate preferred
- Proactivity, the ability to work unsupervised
- Initiative to take ownership for the overall day to day financial operational management
- Attention to detail on every task
- Organisation and planning to meet deadlines and thoroughness to enable compliance
- High standards with a commitment to confidentiality
- Analytical skills to draw conclusions and provide insightful reports and advice to the Directors
- Calm under pressure and able to focus on key priorities
- Intelligence to learn quickly and absorb new information
- Efficient and able to produce significant output with minimal effort
- Teamwork, establishes collaborative working relationships within the busy team
The remit includes (but is not limited to):
- To process purchase and sales ledger invoices and bank reconciliations weekly
- To provide monthly P&L and cash flow reporting
- To prepare monthly and annual management reports for aspects of the 3 businesses
- To ensure HMRC compliance across the businesses; planning to ensure all deadlines are met
- To process Trackplot monthly payroll and pension
- To process year-end for all businesses in a planned and timely manner
- To manage and process grants
- To manage stock cash flow
Experience with the following is essential:
- Multi currency experience
- A good knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Experience with desktop and online accounting packages
- Cloud based CRM
The job will be based in the Mapix and Trackplot office. Hours of work 15 hours per week, which could be split over two or three days. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position. In return we offer an attractive salary, 20 holidays and 8 public holidays (pro rata) and pension.
How to apply
If you feel your experience matches the above specification please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role to Derek Liddell at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to provide evidence to demonstrate your skills and qualifications please do so.