Vacancy: C/C++ Software Engineer
£32,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
Full time permanent position
Edinburgh based at HQ
In this role you will be responsible for the full product development life cycle including development and evolution of the firmware and software across our drone and mobile mapping systems. This role will contribute tangibly to the future growth of the business.
Self-motivated, you have the experience to work independently and collaborate with the Technical Director and the technical team to deliver robust, high quality solutions. With the ability to analyse and solve complex problems, your thoroughness and attention to detail will get the job done.
Small and agile, Routescene is growing and has great ambitions. Our 3D mapping systems are used for crucial applications including forestry, environmental and sustainability work. In our stimulating environment you will work with a friendly and highly knowledgeable team. We work closely together and have a strong work ethic where everyone shares responsibility for driving the business forward.
If you like a challenge and enjoy being inventive we’d love to hear from you.
- Implement new features and maintain functionality in our existing products.
- Develop firmware “interfaces” to new sensors (LiDAR, GNSS\INS and cameras), design and implement testing routines.
- Develop filters to enhance data post-processing.
- Create and implement automated testing to ensure reliable, quality products.
- Firmware and software development for new products and bespoke projects.
- Version control management using git.
- Document code and releases.
- Resolve customer support requests in a timely manner.
- Recommendations for continual improvement and the future progression of the products.
To be successful in this C/C++ Software Engineer role
You will have demonstrable experience architecting and delivering product innovation across the full software development life cycle within scope, budget and timeframes.
- At least 2 years commercial development experience.
- Extensive C/C++ programming experience in a linux environment. Multi-core, multi threaded daemon development.
- Experience developing applications on embedded computing boards such as the Raspberry Pi.
- Visual Studio to develop Dynamic Link Libraries (dll) or COM for use in Windows based Desktop Applications.
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong mathematics, physics or engineering background.
- Version control and writing unit tests.
- A personal\private portfolio of projects.
It would be a bonus if you also have experience in
- Buildroot to create firmware updates for remote deployment by customers.
- Geospatial software libraries such as PCL, GDAL, PDAL, in C++ and or Python.
- Spatial data, possibly gained by developing robots, GPS receivers, imaging systems or autonomous cars.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position. In return we offer an attractive salary, 28 days paid annual leave, Company pension and Company Sick Pay scheme, training as required.
1. Email your CV and covering letter – outline why you are a good fit for this role and your reasons for applying.
2. Supply sample code / personal projects.
3. Introductory video meeting to discuss your experience, the role, the Routescene culture,
4. Technical challenge
5. In person meeting at HQ
How to apply for this C/C++ Software Engineer role
Send your CV and covering letter to EMMA THOMAS at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications
Friday 6 May 2022 but don’t delay as we will start the hiring process as soon as interesting candidates apply.
No agencies please.