Posted on June 20, 2017
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Market Development Executive, salary £23-26,000 depending on experience, initial 12 month full time contract (due to grant assisted funding). If you perform well this will lead to permanent employment afterwards. Based in Timber Bush, Leith, Edinburgh.
This project based marketing role is important for the effective implementation of growth plans for Mapix techologies Ltd, in particular focusing on marketing communications for the Routescene brand and product portfolio.
MAPIX technologies Ltd
Mapix technologies Ltd is a geospatial engineering company, established 1996, which operates internationally. The focus for this role will be on marketing the Routescene brand and the world leading 3D mapping system which offers huge potential for business growth. The Routescene solution combines two emerging technologies, LiDAR technology (Light Detection and Ranging), designed specifically for use on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
Summary of the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to research, scope and advise on and implement our marketing communications activity, both digital and offline. You will work closely with the Directors and support the growing team at Mapix technologies Ltd to strengthen the brands and develop strong, clear communications which will help to drive the growth of the business.
Attributes and skills required of the successful candidate
- Graduate with 3-4 or more years experience in a similar role
- The ability to understand and explain clearly the business benefits of complex, niche IT products is necessary
- An experienced content creator with the ability to identify content ideas and develop into engaging written material online and in print
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with the team at Mapix and with potential customers
- An implementer; demonstrates good planning and organisational skills to develop and implement marketing processes, practical and efficient to deliver in a timely manner
- A pragmatic multi-tasker with the ability to identify business critical tasks, prioritise work accordingly, meet deadlines under pressure and understand when to escalate issues
- Attention to detail to ensure communications are accurate and consistent
- A completer finisher to ensure plans are delivered
- A team player with a positive attitude and ability to work in a small team
The remit and milestones include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the Directors to develop and co-ordinate marketing strategy and activity across the business to increase awareness of and strengthen the brand; increase the number of leads; expand the opportunities in different sectors
- Milestone 1: competitor marketing activity assessment and research of media/event opportunities to develop a 12 month marketing plan, specific campaigns and budget; completion within 3 months
- Milestone 2: implement, monitor and regular reporting on the success of the 12 month marketing plan and campaigns and keep within budget
- This will include website development and SEO, social media strategy and implementation, organisation/attendance at events and exhibitions, development of sales and exhibition materials, assistance producing and delivering presentations
- Interpret results of marketing campaign data and make strategic recommendations
- Understand the products and target customers in-depth to identify “hot topics” to create content for marketing campaigns across websites, social media, forums, email marketing
- Updating the CRM, segmenting data appropriately for use and reporting
- Milestone 3: Working with the Directors and sales team to develop and implement marketing strategies and processes to bring efficiencies and increase effectiveness across the team
- Milestone 4: Develop and implement a customer feedback process to continually improve the product and service offering
- Milestone 5: Final report on activity, successes and recommendations; completion at the end of the contract
Experience with the following tools is desirable:
- Indesign or equivalent and creative tools such as Photoshop
- Google Analytics or similar web reporting tool
- Email platform such as Mailchimp; CMS such as WordPress
- Cloud based CRM
- Document and spreadsheet applications such as OpenOffice, Excel or Word
- Social media management and implementation such as Hootsuite, Buffer
The job will be based in the Mapix office. It will involve travel across the UK and overseas to provide assistance at demo’s, events and exhibitions. Clean driving licence desirable, transportation needs to be discussed. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Hour of work 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday and occasional weekend work. In return we offer an attractive salary, 20 days holiday plus 8 public holidays.
How to apply
If you feel your experience matches the above specification please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to provide evidence to demonstrate your skills please do so.
Closing Date: Sunday 30 July 2017