Posted on November 16, 2017
Salary range : £21-24,000 depending on experience
Full time, permanent position
Based at Timber Bush, Leith, Edinburgh
This technical sales administrator and customer support role is important for customer engagement, retention and lead generation; ultimately contributing to a growth in sales revenue and a growth of our customer base.
MAPIX technologies Ltd
Mapix technologies Ltd is a geospatial engineering company, established 1996, which operates internationally. The focus for this role will be on technical sales administration and customer support for both our own Routescene brand of products and additionally the third party products we distribute.
Summary of the role
We are seeking a methodical, organised person with strong commercial acumen who has experience in technical sales administration and after sales customer support. We manufacture and sell specialist technical products and you should have previous experience in a similar role such as survey or measuring instruments, sensors or medical devices.
You will work closely with the Directors, the Business Development Managers in the UK and USA, our technical team and suppliers. Your primary role will be responsibility for the order and fulfilment process, ensuring customer communications and support are provided in a timely manner to achieve customer satisfaction post-sale. You will also assist the Business Development Managers to generate and triage leads.
Attributes and skills required of the successful candidate
- Previous technical sales administration and customer support experience in a technical company
- Methodical, organised and efficient with the ability to focus on key priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A team player, co-operative with a positive attitude, establishes collaborative working relationships
- Expects high standards personally and across the team
- Ability to quickly and proficiently absorb and understand new information
- Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to identify trends, anomolies and issues to the Directors/team
- Clear and articulate verbal and written communications
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
The remit includes (but is not limited to):
ORDERING AND FULFILMENT:
Working with the Business Development Managers and the technical team, taking full responsibility for the product ordering and fulfilment process:
- Order taking from customers and liaison with the Business Development Managers
- Liaison with suppliers on ordering, lead times, tracking of orders and delivery
- Liaison with the technical team to test all products before fulfilment
- Financial due diligence on payments
- Logistics and fulfilment, organise training, gather customer feedback
- Update the CRM
- Communications with customers throughout the process
- First contact point for any commercial customer support required including organising annual service of products
- Liaison with suppliers for servicing and technical queries
- Liaison with and handover to the technical team for technical support
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual leads and sales reporting
- Regular competitor analysis and reporting
Working with the Directors and Business Development Managers to implement the sales process and generate leads:
- Working with the Business Development Managers to identify, triage and qualify leads
- Handling email and telephone enquiries and follow ups
- Production of quotes and invoices
- Data capture in the CRM to understand the sales pipeline and track individual leads as they move through the sales process
- Due diligence on companies and payments
- Research and develop leads lists
Experience with the following tools is desirable:
- Cloud based CRM
- Document and spreadsheet applications such as OpenOffice, Excel or Word
The job will be based in the Mapix office. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Hours of work 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday and occasional weekend work. In return we offer an attractive salary, 20 days holiday plus 8 public holidays and a company pension.
How to apply
If you feel your experience matches the above specification please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you are applying for the role to
Derek Liddell at email@example.com
If you wish to provide evidence to demonstrate your skills please do so.
CLOSING DATE: Saturday 16 December 2017